Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, March 20, 2017

You Know Enough

Hello everyone! 

This week has been a really humbling week for me! Let me tell you, the mission field is hard stuff but on the bright side the food just keeps getting better and better!:) 

We have found a couple of new investigators! A lot of them are young teenagers--which just to my luck--I cant understand teenagers at all!!! They speak with so much slang and I was not taught slang! The people I understand the best are 3 year-olds and the grandmas! My really good friend here besides my companion is the bishops daughter who is three years old! We get along so well! She understands everything I say and I understand her! It’s awesome! We are teaching a girl who is 17 tonight about the restoration and I am excited! I know I am not going to understand much and my Portuguese will be rough but I am excited for her to hear more about the gospel! 

We have another investigator who is 17 as well! His name is Mateus and he is super cool! He doesn’t have a religion but has a lot of faith in God! He was going to come to church with us yesterday but things got mixed up and he didn’t end up coming with us. But next week he says he will for sure (hopefully!!) We are also going to start teaching a girl named Victoria! She talks realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fast and I don’t understand what she is saying but I know she has potential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This week has been very humbling because I have never gone through anything this hard in my entire life! The mission field is so hard but so humbling! I am physically and emotionally drained everyday! I was having a rough time because I felt very alone this week! It’s hard because my companion doesn’t speak English and I can’t fully express myself to her! I got a blessing from my mission president which was really cool! He invited me and my companion over to his house! He played a song called “Weary Not” by the Motab and it was really humbling and was exactly what I needed to hear! Sister Hart gave me a talk called “You Know Enough” by Neil L Anderson! I have felt this week that I don’t know as much as I thought I did about the gospel! I don’t know everything about the gospel—in fact, I know very little but I know enough! The Lord is really there for us and he knows us perfectly! He helps us through the hard times and he doesn’t expect us to know everything! As long as we love the people and help them know that they are loved that is enough! Ether 12:27 has been my scripture of the week! 

I love you all!! 


Sister Erickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment