Tahlia

Tahlia

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Brazil CTM!!

Hello friends and fam!!!

Sorry it has been a while since I have written. It has been a very long and crazy week! I made it to Brazil!! It is beautiful here and the people are amazing!! I can't believe that all in one week I flew to a new country, came to a whole new mtc, got a whole new companion (well kinda I got my same comp back from the Provo MTC) , and all the people only speak Portuguese. I have learned so much here already and the food is AMAZING!! Everything is home cooked fresh every day and for every meal. We have rice and beans everyday all day. It is pretty awesome. Brazilians don't really believe in veges so it's just straight carbs and meat all the time. 

The CTM here in Brazil is way smaller than in Provo. There are only about 200 to 300 people here compared to Provo which has a million. The CTM is all one building. We are in the middle of a neighborhood in Sao Paulo somewhere. 

My first day here at the CTM I am sitting eating lunch and all of a sudden a girl walks up to me and starts talking mad Portuguese. Alright so I thought I understood portuguese back in Provo but it turns out I don't understand real Portuguese. The American I am just looked up at her and nodded and gave her a thumbs up. I got nothing out of that conversation besides something about being my companion for something haha. Here at the CTM we do splits with the Brazilians every other day. We have to teach a lesson with them. Let me tell you it is sooooo hard but I learn so much. In lessons I will say something and right after my Brazillain companion will say, "what she said was".....hahah. 

Mom, Dad. I think I grew up in the wrong country. I say this because they have motorcycles everywhere. Literally everyone rides one. It is awesome. Something I love about this MTC is on pdays we get to go out and explore the area. We get to see the people and try the food. Also today I got to go to the Sao Paulo temple. It is beautiful. It is about an hour drive from the MTC and the temple is tiny. It's amazing how any temple you go to in the world you feel the same spirit. Today as I was in the celestial room I felt an overwhelming feeling of love. I just sat and cried because the spirit was so strong and I felt something so powerful. I am not 100% sure what it was but it was amazing. 

I love you all and thank you so much for all your support. It means the world. This is my second to last week in the CTM and then I am off to the field. I hope everything is so awesome at home!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment