Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, March 20, 2017

Hello Everyone!!

Well I am in Curitiba!--my first week in the field. It has been a rollercoaster for sure. This has been the longest week ever. The field life is very different from the MTC. You know how when you see a 3-month old baby and their eyes are huge and they just stare at you when you talk to them. Ya--that is how I feel when the people talk to me. I feel very lost all the time. 

We walk everywhere here and we eat lots!! The members love to see the missionaries eat a lot of food. I have seen so many things that have humbled me this week. I am in an area called Bom Reitro and it is right outside the city. Many people here are very poor and don’t have a lot and others are not poor. We get both sides of the spectrum. My companion’s name is Sister Silva. She is Brazilian. She has been out for 7 months and she is my trainer.

One cool thing here is instead of knocking doors we clap outside their houses because everyone has gates here so we can’t go to the door. We have taught a lot and I don’t really understand much. I feel bad for my companion because I can’t really contribute much besides my testimony and reading scriptures but I will learn.

I am happy and I am sorry if I don’t respond to all your emails. We don’t have much time to email. Know that I have read them all and they make me cry (in a good way!!) I love hearing about everyone. I love you all and I will send pictures soon. I couldn’t find my camera in my bag!! 


Much love,

Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment