Tahlia

Tahlia

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hello from Bom Retiro!!

Hello friends and fammmmmmmmmmm!!!

This week has been really good! The weeks seem to be flying by! I am loving it here in Brasil! It is starting to turn really cold! Our house is FREEZING!!!!!! I sleep with about 50 layers at night. We also found out this week we are moving houses AGAIN! We have to pack everything up and move everything today. We are getting 2 more sister missionaries. The elders in my area got transferred! It is sad but I know this next transfer will be awesome! 

Our recent convert, Wilkens received the priesthood yesterday and he will distribute the sacrament next week! I am so excited for him and I am so grateful for the priesthood. The priesthood is amazing and has the power to do so many things--the power to heal, to baptize, to bless, etc. I have been thinking a lot about the priesthood. I am so grateful that my dad has the priesthood. I know that the priesthood has blessed my family in so many ways. I hope when I have a family my husband will have the priesthood and have the opportunity to bless my future family and those around us. 

I am staying with my companion Sister Cordeiro!! I am so happy because she is amazing!! I think I will cry when we get transferred. I am staying in my area--4 transfers in my same area. I think this will be my last transfer here in this area or I will stay here forever hahah just kidding. At times I think, “man, my call should have said:  You are assigned to labor in the Brasil, Cuiritba Bom Retiro Mission" hahhahhaah! 

I hope you all have a great 4th of July!! I am so beyond grateful to be serving a mission and for the chance I have to bring others closer to Christ every day. I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the father and his son Jesus Christ. I know Thomas S Monson is a true prophet! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that this book was truly prepared for our days. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and he died for us so that we could return to live with our Father in Heaven again some day. 

Thank you all for your support and for the love and prayers!

Until next week!!

Love,

Sister Erickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment