Tahlia

Tahlia

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

6 months down!! wahoooooooo!!!

This week has been a somewhat normal week. I had the chance to go to the temple again and it was amazing as usual. I love the peace the temple brings. The weeks seem to fly by and I am having a hard time remembering everything that has happened. We invited one of our investigators to be baptized this week. She is 10 years old. She really wants to be baptized but the only problem is that her mom doesn’t want her to be. We are going to try and talk to her mom this week and see if she will let her be baptized.

Wilkens passed the sacrament this past week again and he is yet again an EXPERT. He also brought one of his friends to church with him. 
 
Our mission president asked the mission to read the Book of Mormon in 6 weeks this past transfer. Let me tell you, it is hard work but I am learning so much from it. 

I have a story to tell. Just a warning if you love cats, I suggest that you do not read this. If you don’t like cats then feel free to read. On Sunday after church my companion and I were at our investigator’s house. Reminder: our investigator is a 10-year old little girl. We were with her and a member in front of her house just chatting. When all of a sudden the member said, "What is going on with that cat?" I turned around and saw that a cat was hit by a car and blood was coming out of its eyes and mouth. The cat was still alive but was jumping up and down seizing at the same time. I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. I watched as it took its last breaths. Our investigator, the 10-year old girl started crying and was in complete shock. I’m sorry if this is too much for some of you, but don’t worry, I am sure the cat is in heaven now. We had to explain to Lousia that everything was going to be okay and that the cat had gone to a better place. 

 Also, this morning my companion passed out on the street corner. We had to rush her to the hospital. Don’t worry; she is okay now. It was scary in the moment but all of us are laughing now. It is a really good thing we had 2 other sisters with us when it happened because I didn’t know what to do. It seems in the moment of stress I suddenly forget how to speak Portuguese. This week definitely ended with a bang and started with a bang. 

Thank you for all of your emails to me and for all of the support.

 I love you all. 

 Sister Erickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment