Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, April 24, 2017

First Transfer Down!

Well I made it through my first transfer in the field. Let me tell you it has been a ride. This past Sunday I gave my first talk in the field-- 7 straight minutes of Portuguese. I made it through. The bishop came up to me after the meeting and said, “I think we are going to have you speak every single month from here on out.” He was kidding....(I hope!) A couple of days before the bishop’s wife called me and asked if I needed help translating my talk into Portuguese. She served a mission in Provo, Utah and knows English. It was really nice of her. I am very proud to say that I translated my whole entire talk by myself-- well almost. My companion helped correct my errors, which were probably a lot. 

My area right now is really hard because I am in a rich area. The way we receive investigators are through the members and contacts in the street. Every person I talk to seems to not want to hear the gospel or they don’t live in our area. It is hard but we try and talk to every person we see. 

It is starting to get cold here in Brazil. I never thought this would happen! It rains so much and then it is humid and the next moment it is really cold and then the next moment the sun is shining and it is warm again! Man Curiitba is just like Utah weather! 

I hope you all had an awesome Easter and thank you for emailing me. It means the world. I hope every one is doing well. Until next week!!


Tchau!!

Tahlia

No comments:

Post a Comment