Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, May 15, 2017

FAMILIA E AMIGOS



I am so sorry I haven’t written in a while! I struggle with this whole group email thing! These past couple of weeks have been really good and at the same time stressful (missionary life). We are having a hard time finding people to teach but I know that with faith we will find the right people. We just have to keep working hard. We have been visiting with one of our investigators for over two months now and we are still trying to get him to stop smoking. He understands and knows the gospel is true but he really struggles with keeping the word of wisdom. We have tried everything with him. We have even made him tea with the ashes of the cigarette mixed in it (gross I know).

This Sunday we had a little miracle happen. A woman showed up to church who wasn’t a member. We had no idea who she was. She sat down and we introduced ourselves to her and she said she came to find out more about the church. She showed up on her OWN!!!!!!!!!! This never happens people!! She is really great! She seems really interested in the church and we are going to stop by her house later this week to talk more about the gospel! 

We have been working a lot with the less actives as well and I really enjoy it! We visit this man named Kendi every week and he talks soooooo much when we visit. Right now he has a 20 year-old girlfriend and he is 49--a little bit of an age difference. He lived in Japan for a while and always tells us Japan is way better than Brasil! haha! One day he invited us to go to Subway with him. So we went. Little did we know that his girlfriend was going to be there. Now to understand better he and his girlfriend at this time were going through a rough patch. They have broken up 3 or 4 times. We show up at Subway and start ordering our food. When all of a sudden his girlfriend starts yelling at Kendi! I don’t know what about because I don’t understand mad Portuguese yet! It was pretty uncomfortable for my companion and I, but all is well with them now! 

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM and a happy late birthday as well!! I love you and I am so grateful for you mom! Make sure you all hug and kiss your moms! Let them know how much you love them!! 

This week I have been thinking a lot about the story of the 10 lepers in Lucas chapter 17. The story talks about how the Lord cleanses the 10 lepers and only one of the 9 comes back to thank the Lord for making him clean. I have thought a lot about how I need to express more thanks to my Heavenly Father and the Savior for everything I have been given! I think about all of the wonderful blessings in my life! I invite you all this week to express a little bit more thanks to our Father in Heaven and try to recognize his hand in your life everyday! 

Next weekkkk is transfers!!!! 2 transfers down everyone! I don’t know if I will get to email next week because our transfers are on Mondays now during our pday!!! I will try and email!!! I love you all and I am so grateful for all your emails!!!!! 

Until next time!!

Tchau!!

Tahlia Grace Erickson (Sister Erickson) 


No comments:

Post a Comment