Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, January 22, 2018

One Year!!!

Bom Dia!!

Hello everyone!! This past week was rain, rain, rain, and I mean rain. I don’t know how they don’t have floods here. Also it is very hot here. I feel like a burnt tomato ahhah.

This week we worked really hard to get our investigators to come to church with us. On Saturday night we had an incredible lesson with some members that we brought along. We talked about the plan of salvation and about baptism for the dead. Our investigator, Roselaine, loved it so much. She is a single mother with 3 daughters. Her first husband died from using drugs and her next husband (that she is married to right now) is using drugs and so she is working and taking care of everything. Her daughter’s husband got assasinated. This family has gone through so much that I can’t even imagine. It is so great to teach and to let people know that through the Savior and through the plan that our Heavenly Father has there is hope. Everyone was crying in the lesson. The members offered her a ride to church the next day and they came to church. I was soooo happy because these past couple weeks have been hard for us to bring people to church. I know the Lord was helping us this week. We did all we could and He did the rest. 

This week I hit 1 year on the mission. I can’t believe one year has gone by already. I am blown away. Only 6 months left. I can’t even explain how I feel right now. My mission is passing by so fast. I know I say this every single week but it is so true. Seems like every single day is passing by faster and faster. Before I know it I’ll be home. I love every single part of my mission. It is hard and amazing and difficult and so worth it. I felt a happiness this past week that I have never felt before. Helping people understand about the restored gospel and about the plan that God has for everyone of us is so rewarding. I think I felt a little bit of eternal happiness that we will all have after this life-- living with our Heavenly Father and our eternal families. 

I love you all. Thank you so much for the support!!! Have a great week!!! 

Everyone look up the talk by Elder Rasband from this last conference called. "By Divine Design" 

Love,
Sister Erickson 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment