Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, January 15, 2018

Light to a Homeless Man

Hello Everyone!

These past weeks have been very busy--doing the Lord’s work. (I LOVE IT!!) We have been having a hard time bringing people to church with us. We have been fasting and paying our fast offerings. We are doing everything we can. We teach the doctrine of Christ and show our love for all these people. I have so much love for our investigators--especially our investigator, Samara. She is the best. She is 19 years old and wants to serve a mission. She knows everything about the gospel is true but she is scared of being baptized. My companion and I are doing everything we can to help her. She said she had a dream the other day about doing the work of her grandparents who passed away in the temple. She is so prepared and needs to know that she needs the Holy Spirit to help her have more knowledge. On Friday night a friend of Samara’s who got baptized a year ago got his mission call to serve in Peru, Lima north mission and leaves March 28th. Samara got to watch and I hope this experience helped her feel the need to be baptized. It is amazing the love I feel for all our investigators. I love each and every one of them so much. I never knew I would love these people here so much.

I had a chance to give a talk in my ward where I am serving yesterday about being a light to the world. I shared an experience I had about being a light that I would like to share with all of you. 

In my other area, my companion and I were walking in the street. We passed by a man who was living on the street. He didn’t have many things. He was sitting alone and looked a little bit sad. I looked across the street and saw a guy who had just finished eating lunch. In his hands he had a sandwich and a soda. I noticed that he crossed the street and asked the homeless man if he had eaten lunch that day. The man said no. The guy then gave him the sandwich and soda and sat down with him to be with him while he ate. This experience I had touched my heart. I could tell that the homeless man saw a little bit more light in his life that day. The guy, who I think looked about 19 or 20 years old, did a small gesture but that gesture meant the world for that homeless man. This experience makes me want to be more of a light in the lives of others. I encourage you all to be a light in someone’s life this week!!

I love you all! (I am trying to send pictures but my memory card is being a little difficult!!)

Have a great week!!! <3


Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment