Tahlia

Tahlia

Friday, September 15, 2017

BOM DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

BOM DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! 

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN THE BEST WEEK!! Let me tell you miracles happened!! 

Remember last week when I told you about a family I am teaching? Well they came to church with us this last Sunday and they LIKED IT! They are a family that is prepared to receive the gospel! Sister Flora and I prayed our guts out this week. Poor Sister Flora, every moment I asked her if we could pray to help this family! I know that when we do our part the Lord does his part!! Faith with out works is dead! I truly believe 100% in this scripture. We hope to mark a baptismal date with them this week but we will see how it goes. 

Also this week we are teaching a boy named Gustavo and his mom Vivyane. We taught him the first lesson on Saturday and invited them to pray about the Book of Mormon. The next day he came to church with us and as we were walking he told us, "Guess what?? My family and I prayed together to know if the Book of Mormon is true!!" This is a dream for me to hear. It’s like my parents telling me when I was a kid that they were going to take me to Disney World!! So many great things happened this week! 

Some of us missionaries this week had a chance to march in a parade they had here in Curitiba on September 7th. It is like our 4th of July. Anyways we marched in a parade singing hymns. It was a pretty cool experience! We were all holding flags with a Book of Mormon in hand. 

I don’t know if you guys remember Jimmy but he is our investigator I talked about last week. He invited us to go to his church. His church is evangelical. SIster Flora and I were thinking about it and we called president to ask for permission. He said yes. Yesterday we went with Jimmy. Woah let me tell you his church was very different. I have never set foot in a church that wasn’t Mormon in my life. The people there were very nice but the pastor was screaming about the bible and Jesus saying "Jesus TE ama!!" I felt a little overwhelmed--like--yes, I know he does. You don’t need to yell ahhah! I am glad I had the opportunity to go to see what it was like to show that we care about Jimmy but one thing I know for sure is that the church of Jesus Christ is a true church upon the earth! There are so many good churches in the world that preach good things but the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is different and truly has the keys. 

Eu te amo voces! 

Have a great rest of the week!

Love,

Sister Erickson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment