Tahlia

Tahlia

Friday, June 16, 2017

Can You Believe It's June?

Hi Everyone!!

This week has been really good--a lot of hard work but really good! We marked 3 baptisms!!!--One with the man from Haiti and one with girl who is 11 years old and another with a boy who is 9 years old. I hope it all works out.

My companion and I are working hard and laughing a lot. One of our investigators we are teaching doesn’t speak much Portuguese but he comes to church with us. His name is Wilkens. He is 22 years old and moved here from Haiti not long ago. We marked his baptism for the 17th which I think is in 2 weeks. I am so excited. We have been encountering new people everyday and I am learning and loving the people. 

I don’t remember if I told you but my companion and I moved houses 2 weeks ago into a smaller house. It is really small but it is sufficient for our needs. One night this week our power went out and we had no idea why. My companion and I were a little scared so we called one of the elders and he told us " You guys need to dedicate your house." We asked him to say a prayer through the phone. He said the prayer and as soon as he ended the prayer the power switched on. How cool is that? It is really cold here and inside our house is really cold. It rains a lot and at random times during the day. One second it is hot and one second it is really cold. Usually in the morning and at night it is freezing and I mean freezing and then during the day it is really, really hot. Doesn’t make much sense.

It is June already. I can’t believe it. I will almost reach my 5-month mark. Crazy!! Feels like I just got here yesterday and at the same time feels like I have been here for an eternity!!! I love you all.


Pictures:

 me and sister hart
 beautiful sunday morning
 one of my investigatos grandson 
 family home evening in a members home

No comments:

Post a Comment