Tahlia

Tahlia

Monday, April 23, 2018

TRANSFERS!

Sorry these past few weeks have been crazy! Sister Flora and I went on adventures the last 2 p-days and I didn’t have a ton of time to talk to you guys. I’m sad to say that Sister Flora is going home! I’m going to miss her. She was one of the best companions I have had. This time passed by so fast and I don’t know where it went. I’m on to my last 2 transfers. I’m staying in my area and I’m going to train a new missionary again. President didn’t want to leave me in peace until the end of my mission. I’m staying sister training leader and training. This is going to be a ride. I don’t know how it’s all going to go down but wish me luck. I’m filled with mixed emotions but I’m excited to work hard until the end. Sorry I’ve been bad with emailing and all but I just wanted to give you this heads up.

I can’t believe Gentry Gibson went to prom—that’s crazy. I didn’t even recognize her in the photo. She seems so big and she’s wayyyy pretty. Seems like when I left she was like 10 years old. Time flies. 1 year and 6 months changes a lot of things.

President wants 6 baptisms by the end of June. May seem like a little number but I’m praying and fasting and trying to do all I can to accomplish this goal that president gave us. I know it is from the Lord and anything is possible.

On Wednesday we have a conference with the area president coming to talk to us. I imagine it will be about MORE BAPTISMS. Every transfer seems like President Hart is doubling the number of baptisms. I know this is from the Lord and I have faith that I can do it through the help of Heavenly Father.

I’m learning a lot here in my ward where I’m serving. I love the people. My area has its difficulties but I know that with more faith I will accomplish my goals. We lost some pretty good investigators this past week. They live in another area. We thought these investigators lived in our area and turns out they live in the other sister’s area. I cried having to pass the reference to the other sisters but it doesn’t matter who teachers them. It matters that they are learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I’ll receive my new companion tomorrow. I’m excited and nervous. Even though I have trained twice already I get really anxious. I love you guys. Thanks for all the support throughout my whole mission. I’m ready to finish strong!!


Sister Tahlia Grace Erickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment