Tahlia

Tahlia

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Happy October everyoneee!!


MEEEEEEE
Photos of my favorite family and one of our investigators!!
A drawing that my companion did of us!
Food that a member made for us
 


Happy October everyoneee!! Wow time is flying by!! This weeeek has beeen great!! To start off this email, we marked 2 baptismal dates with our investigators!! I am soooo excited it’s been a long time coming with them but we finally marked a date. Wahooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! We marked dates with our investigators Jimmy and Leonardo. They are both at the age when they can serve a mission. I hope with all my heart that they will get to serve missions and help others come unto Christ. 

Funny storyyy everyone! So on Sunday my companion and I missed Sacrament meeting. Let me tell you why! In the United States we have a thing called Daylight Savings right?? Well here in good old Brasil they have daylight savings as well. The time jumped forward here--one hour forward. Well the time moved forward at 12 am Sunday morning when we were sleeping, but NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL US!! We woke up on Sunday morning thinking it was the same old time, getting ready for church and leaving our house early to pick up our investigators for church. Our church starts at 9:30 am. I had planned to leave the house at 9:00 to pick up our investigators and arrive at church early. Nooo rus--I was feeling good. Anyways, 8:55 roles around and a member called us...."SISTERS WHERE ARE YOU?? YOU ARE MISSING SACRAMENT MEETING!!!" My companion was talking with this member and my companion thought she was joking with us, but she wasn’t. I have never gotten ready so fast in my entire life. The phone that we have is from the time period of ADAM AND EVE and doesn’t move the time ahead because we don’t have Internet. I have never felt so sad to miss sacrament meeting and we didn’t get the opportunity to pick up our investigators. We arrived in church practically running into sacrament meeting hoping we hadn’t missed the entire thing. We got to listen to one hymn and one talk. At least we caught some of it. 

From my email last we I sent some pictures with my feet that looked like I have a disease. It rained really hard one day and we were walking in the street and the color of my shoes bled on my feet. Also yes those are tan lines on my feet. The mission does wonders to our feet:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loveeee you alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I hope you have a great weeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!!! 

Love,
Sister Erickson!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment