Tahlia

Tahlia

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week 1 at Provo MTC

Hey Everyone!! 

Oh man this week has been something! As soon as I arrived at the MTC we were given like a million books and then put straight into classes. As soon as I got to class they didn't speak a bit of English just straight Portuguese!!!!! I almost had a panic attack and was like what the heck did I get myself into? I'm just kidding-- it is great!! I am surprised I haven't had a mental breakdown yet. We taught our first lesson the third day we were here in Portuguese. Let me tell you it was really hard!! I feel bad for the investigator because we had no clue what we were talking about. We have taught twice now and tonight we teach again. I was scared out of my mind the first time but it is getting better everytime. This first week has been slow but the time goes by very fast. Our schedules are jammed packed. I feel like I only get 20 minutes of sleep a night. 

My companion is super cool. Her name is Sister Bown and she is from Wyoming. We have the same personality which is nice. We get along really well. I am still not used to being called sister. I think it is weird if I am being honest hahah. I see so many people I know here--it is crazy. Everyone in our zone is super cool. We have a small zone compared to everyone else here because technically we are not supposed to be here. 

I feel like I pray 50 times a day and Heavenly Father is probably sick of me lol! Everyone has said make it to Sunday, make it to Sunday. It is so true!! Sunday is the best. We get to have a rest from our studies which is really nice. Our Sacrament is surprise all in Portuguese. I understand like nothing. We also have to write a talk every week in Portuguese and then our branch president just picks 4 random missionaries to speak. It's scary, I am not gonna lie. I love the language!! 

We still haven't heard anything about my visa. My companions visa looks like it might be here. So she might be leaving me. Which is sad! I don't want her to go. I will get put in a trio if she leaves. 

This is hard work and I didn't expect any of this but I know that this is where I am suppose to be. I can give up 18 months of my life for the savior and progressing his work. I have learned and am still learning to put my trust in Heavenly Father. I need to lose myself in the work in order to find myself. I am so happy and I never thought I would be this happy!! I miss you all and I hope everything is Awesome in the Real World hahah!! My P-days are Monday just btw!! 

Eu sei que Jesus Cristo expiou por nossos pecados. Eu sei que o livro de Mormon e verdaderio. Eu sei que o templo e a casa de deus . Eu sei que Deus ouve nossas oracoes. O Pai Celestial preparou um plano para nos. Em nome de jesus cristo amen. 
( little part of my testimony in Portuguese) 
p.s. I'll try and send pictures next week!! I didnt take much this week!

Have an AWESOME week!!! 

Love, Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment